City Gay and Country Gay

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pita Pizazz

I ate at the Pita Pit for lunch today. Even though I'm completely broke and will be charging every aspect of The Gayest Trip Ever next week, I decided to spend $8 on a Black Forrest ham pita.

I hadn't eaten at a Pita Pit since I was in college, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I ate there is because I was walking home in a drunken stupor. The only thing I really remember from the Pita Pit college experience is that there were lots of vegetables on the pita, and there were large fiberglass vegetables smiling all over the restaurant. They kind of freaked me out, but again, I was drunk.

My experience at the local Pita Pit was good. While expensive, the pita was tasty, slightly warm, and I requested just enough fixin's to make it a nice, full meal. I also felt like it was a healthier option than stopping at Arby's for a roast beef and cheddar sandwich with curly fries and mozzarella sticks.

No comments: